Three simple words; Avett Brothers rock. Yes, it’s taken me this long to truly listen to the Avett Brothers. And I am certainly not disappointed. There is definitely a unique and distinct sound to this group that sets them apart from others. I don’t need to convince music junkies to the talent that sheds off of this group, but I will harp on a few things that I came to love about them:
- Full of life: These guys are full of life. What I love about it is, life has ups and downs, bobs and weaves; They’re not afraid to sing about it, and to the most heart throbbing extent possible. You can hear this through the songs I and Love and You and The Ballad of Love and Hate.There’s life and truth behind these lyrics.
- Banjo, Banjo, Banjo: Yes, another folk band that scores at rocking on the banjo and isn’t afraid to jam out on it. They manage to maneuver the banjo in a serenade-esk feel, as opposed to the typical country blue grass, a rare feat.
- Catchy Upbeats: Come on, who doesn’t want to dance around their room holding their hairbrush as a microphone to Kickdrum Heart? This song just makes you want to burst through your skin.
- Test of Time: To this day, music gurus still profess their love for the Avett Brothers, comparing them to Mumford, Head and the Heart, and even Trampled by Turtles. These guys are legendary, and it’s not hard to see why.
- Love Ballads:These guys have mastered the art of scripting lyrics for broken hearts. The ballads The Avett Brothers pump out are pure and real; more descriptive than many artists care to be. While there is a beauty to coyness in lyrics, these guys lay it all out there, wearing their hearts on their sleeves and who doesn’t love that.
Lets hope they come out with another album! I know no one would be disappointed. Rumors are for late 2015, or early 2016. Fingers crossed!
Check out Magpie and the Dandelion